Sunday, September 4, 2016

Why Tigers are the Best

Even though tigers might not be the most interesting or funny-looking animal, there is something about tigers that make them so majestic. They are the biggest feline, and have tons of power and strength which makes them a fierce and potentially dangerous animal. But they are also beautiful and they look so cozy and fuzzy sometimes I think cuddling one would be awesome. Especially the adorable cubs. Siberian tigers are the most numerous, but there are still less than 2,000 in the wild. Today, tigers are only found in South and Southeast Asia, China and the Russian far east. Tigers are mostly nocturnal, live in a variety of habitats, and use their stripes as camouflage. They kill their prey with a bite to the neck, and are normally solitary animals, except during mating season. They are also really good swimmers. Cubs don't leave their mothers until they are about 2 and a half years old. The Siberian tiger is the biggest and my favorite subspecies. It might just be because the Siberian tiger's habitat is much colder and thus more snowy, so pictures of these tigers make them look even more magical and incredible. What I admire most about the Tiger is the way that they are a very intense predator, but unlike sharks (which I believe are naturally man-eaters, whether I'm totally wrong or not), they very rarely attack any humans unless they are sick. I like that in some places people can go pet a tiger because they can be gentle creatures if in the proper habitat. I've never heard of anyone cuddling a shark.

5 comments:

  1. Never knew tigers' stripes were used as camouflage! And I think you are right that tigers do not easily attack humans or even other animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tigers! They are truly a majestic animal. I have always wanted to cuddle a tiger cub because they are so incredible cute and I just need to experience such a pure moment. It's also really good to know that they are pretty peaceful animals and only attack when they feel threatened or sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked about pandas in my post but tigers have to be my second favorite. These have to be some of the most majestic creatures on the planet. Just looking at your picture, how could you not fall in love with these cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I found interesting is that Chipmunks, like Tigers, are also solitary animals unless its mating season. I wonder how many other mammal species behave in such a way...I guess there is no "I in team" but there is one is survival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your blog on tigers because I love them as well! They are indeed majestic and magical. Most people seem them as a scary, dangerous species, but they also have a soft, cuddly side!

    ReplyDelete